Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 12
Crisp and sweet bosc pears are a delicious dessert or snack, especially when they are stuffed with a nutty chocolate filling. Raw cacao powder
is an excellent source of fiber, protein and iron & it just tastes so good. Make these in advance and serve them warm or at room temperature. Pair these with some whipped coconut cream, yoghurt or your favorite dairy or non-dairy frozen custard.
- 6 each Bosc pears
- 12 each Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup Walnuts or pecans
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Raw cacao powder
- pinch natural salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Apple cider or organic apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash pears, slice in 1/2 lengthwise and scoop out small section where pits are with a spoon or melon baller. Trim off a small section on rounded bottom of pears so they sit upright without tipping over.
- Place pears in an oven proof roasting dish or 2 if you don’t have room for all of them in one pan.
- Set up food processor with S shaped blade. Process nuts for a few minutes until coarsely ground. Add dates, maple syrup, cacao, pinch of salt and lemon juice to food processor. Pulse until mixture forms a smooth paste. Mixture should be sticky and hold together.
- Divide mixture evenly between 12 pear 1/2’s and mound into scooped out section of the pear.
- Pour apple cider over pears and sprinkle tops with ground cinnamon.
- Cover top of pears with foil wrap and bake for 35-45 minutes until pears are tender but not falling apart. Remove foil wrap and bake for a few more minutes to brown top if desired.
- Serve pear half warm with a little of juices from pan and your choice of additional accompaniments.