This is a simple, smooth and creamy soup full of dark leafy greens and vegetables. Start with a rich homemade or good quality
bone broth, made from grass fed animals or home made vegetable stock for added nutrition. This is a smooth and sippable soup. Saute vegetable in coconut oil and coconut cream add creaminess. Don’t worry about even chopping of vegetables as the soup will be pureed before serving.
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil, unrefined, organic
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 each Zucchini, trimmed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 4 cups Bone broth or vegetable stock
- 15 oz coconut milk, full fat
- 5 ounces spinach, fresh
- Salt to season
- Preheat 4 quart soup pot over medium heat, add coconut oil.
- Saute onion, garlic and celery for 3-4 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Add zucchini, thyme and nutmeg, stir .
- Pour stock and coconut milk over vegetables, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are softened, but not too mushy.
- Puree soup & add in spinach in batches in blender. Puree until creamy. the heat of the soup will wilt spinach.
- Taste soup and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve soup warm or transfer to a heated insulated mug to take with you for a nourishing lunch or late morning breakfast.