Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Serves: 4-6
Pull out your food processor and whip up this super quick and delicious salad, perfect for a side dish or as a main meal with added protein and greens.. If you shy away from beets , you just may fall in love with this simple raw salad. Sweet beets are a wonderful detoxifier and low calories . Fresh ginger balances out the sweetness with a touch of spice and the benefits of anti-inflammatory properties
Pile some of the shredded salad on top of baby arugula greens and serve as is or top with goat’s milk Feta cheese or diced avocado.
- 3 each Beets, trimmed, peeled and shredded finely
- 4 each Carrots, trimmed, scrubbed and shredded finely
- 1-2 tsp. Ginger, fresh , shredded
- 3 each Scallions, trimmed and minced, white and green parts
- 1/2 tsp. Natural salt
- 1 Tablespoon Orange zest
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- Arugula Salad greens
- Shred beets and carrots and place in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add ginger, scallions, salt, orange zest, cayenne, rice wine vinegar ,olive oil and fresh ground pepper to bowl, stir to combine, Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve salad on top of arugula or other salad greens.