Sweet potato and yams are some of my favorite cool weather ingredients and readily available. Bake up a few extra so you have them available for a quick meal. These gluten free, grain free and dairy free pancakes have a secret ingredient to bind them together,
Cassava flour! Cassava flour also known as Yuca is made from the whole root.. These pancakes are so full of flavor , crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Add a big dollop of mashed avocado on the side or serve with a fried egg.
- 2 cups sweet potato or garnet yam, baked, scooped out of skin and mashed
- 2 each Scallions, white and green part, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, zested
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Cassava flour
- coconut oil for frying
- Place cooked sweet potato in a mixing bowl, add; scallions, ginger, garlic, turmeric, salt and cassava flour and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Heat a medium sized saute pan, (I like to use my cast iron pan for this), add a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Depending on size of your pan, add 2 tablespoons of sweet potato mix into pan, (It will be loose), and pat it down into a round shape with the back of the spoon. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are crispy and browned. Continue cooking in the same manner until all of the mixture is cooked.
- Serve pancakes warm with your choice of toppings. Pancakes are easy to reheat in saute pan or in the oven.