Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Serves: 4-6
New baby potatoes from our local market were my inspiration for this dish along with the hot and steamy summer weather. Ripe avocado adds a creaminess to the salad without
adding any mayonnaise. If you are avoiding potatoes you can substitute roasted white japanese sweet potato. Have fun with customizing with your favorite fresh herbs; dill, cilantro and tarragon are all delicious in this salad. Make ahead and enjoy with grilled veggie burger, chicken or other summer salads.
- 2 pounds Baby red potato, cut in 1/2 and boiled in lightly salted water until tender.
- 1 each Avocado, ripe, cut into medium dice
- 2 stalks Celery, fine dice
- 1/4 cup Red onion or shallot, fine dice
- 2 Tablespoon Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Dill, tarragon or cilantro leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to season
- Place cooked, warm potatoes in large mixing bowl. Add avocado, celery, red onion, parsley and dill (or whatever herbs you choose), stir to combine.
- In a small bowl combine grainy mustard, apple cider vinegar and olive oil, stir.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and stir to incorporate. Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Serve as is or on a bed of your favorite salad greens
- If you like a creamier potato salad add 2 Tablespoons of avocado mayonaise.