Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry Dinner
Pantry Essentials- Vinegars
January 16, 2017
Have you cleaned out your pantry yet? After the holiday rush has faded away, make some time to do a pantry clean out. Toss out old and outdated ingredients , replenish and invest in a few new essentials to perk up your meals. With just a splash of a well chosen vinegar you can instantly balance out flavors and add a new layer of yumminess.
READ MORE →
Sesame Ginger Cauliflower fried Rice
January 3, 2017
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 20-30 minutes | Serves: 4-6
Cauliflower florets, pulsed in the food processor or grated into small pieces are a good, grain free substitute for rice. I love this easy weeknight fried “rice” style one pot entree. Load up cauliflower fried rice with vegetables, (leftover bits work great in this dish) & serve it with a cucumber and seaweed salad. Add in some animal protein if desired.
READ MORE →
Sweet Potato Quesadillas
December 4, 2016
Prep Time: 45 minutes | Cook Time: 15 | Serves: 2
Quesadillas make a great easy meal, with a variety of quesadilla wrappers available; gluten free, sprouted grain, grain free or by using dark leafy greens or lettuce for the wrap, there is something that fits everyone’s needs. Bake a few extra sweet potato to have on hand for the start of a quick week night meal or to pack into your lunch box.
- 2 each Baked sweet potato or garnet yams ( 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Natural Salt
- 2 each Tortillas, (brown rice, sprouted grain or whole grain)
- 1 Cup leftover sauteed greens or baby spinach
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- 1/2 cup Grated cheddar cheese or dairy free cheese
- Coconut oil spray
- Peel leftover cooled sweet potato and place in a bowl. Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and salt to sweet potato. Use a potato masher or back of a fork to mash sweet potato together and mix in spices.
- Heat saute pan over medium heat. Spray pan with a small amount of coconut oil spray or 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Swirl pan to evenly coat bottom of saute pan.
- Spread 1/2 of mashed seasoned sweet potato over 1/2 of tortilla. Place tortilla shell with sweet potato carefully into heated saute pan.
- Top sweet potato with 1/2 of leftover greens or baby spinach.
- Top greens with 1/2 of caramelized onion.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese, (if using) on top of caramelized onions.
- Fold tortilla in 1/2 to cover filling and gently press down with the back of metal spatula to press ingredients together.
- cook tortilla for 1-2 minutes until bottom of tortilla is browned.
- Carefully flip filled tortilla over and brown for 1-2 minutes longer on other side.
- Remove tortilla from saute pan and place on clean plate to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make next tortilla.
- Cut tortilla into 3 even wedges and serve warm as is or with salsa, hot sauce, guacamole or your favorite topping.