Are you looking for a breakfast that is easy to prepare?, This warming porridge is savory, creamy, nourishing and cooks up in less than 5 minutes. Bone broth or homemade vegetable broth add flavor and nutrition. This is suitable for those following a gluten free or
Grain meal plan. Hemp seeds & sesame seeds provide a nice dose of protein and good quality fats. Top with a dollop of coconut butter and Stir in a large handful of baby spinach or finely chopped kale for added nutritional benefits.
- 3/4 cup Vegetable stock or bone broth
- 1/4 cup Almonds, ground
- 1 Tablespoon Golden flax seed, ground
- 2 Tablespoons Hemp seeds
- Pinch Natural Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon basil or italian herb blend, dry
- large handful of baby spinach greens
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 Teaspoons coconut butter or grass fed butter
- Place stock or bone broth in a small pot and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl combine almonds, flax seed, hemp seeds, salt and basil
- Slowly pour almond mixture into boiling stock, whisking to combine. Turn heat down to simmer and continue whisking for 1-2 minutes until mixture becomes creamy and thickened.
- Add baby greens to porridge and stir to combine, cook for an addtional 1-2 minutes until greens are wilted.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and a dollop of coconut butter..
- Serve warm or place in an insulated thermos to take with you. Enjoy:)